It is time for a life update.
I have moved on to the University of Iowa. I am working on my BA in psychology and sociology (until I perhaps change that to a minor and finish it up later, perhaps). I do indeed live on campus. This is an interesting situation.
Here are the classes I am taking
- Behavioral Neuroscience
- Clinical Psychology
- Sociological Theory
I am actually doing well in these classes. I personally cannot believe it because I think I talked myself down. Told myself that it was too hard for me to do. But I pushed through and focused on studying and doing the readings and at the moment I have a B in all of the classes.
Now, for my medical update. Well, this one is a bit more difficult. I have been okay, no life threatening updates. However, I have been to the Emergency department several times.
- I was there for a migraine that just wouldn’t go away. After they gave me IV meds it did go away.
- I had chest pain, shortness of breath, and nearly passed out walking up stairs
- I had chest pain, shortness of breath
Following up with my primary care physician to see what it was. I am diagnosing myself with dehydration at the moment.
Emotional state, oh my this is quite difficult. Since I moved here there has been several situations that have caused me to have difficulties. Thus, some medications were adjusted.
- My younger sister was hospitalized (has cystinosis as well), and was doing very bad. My family were not sure if she was going to make it and thus there were talks if I needed to make it back to Omaha to visit her.
- A friend passed a way from suicide.
Both of these events took my mood from doing pretty good with moderate depression to severe depression and anxiety.