Trump’s Harmful Actions Against the LGBTQIA+ Community
- October 5, 2017: The Justice Department released a memo instructing the Department attorneys to take the legal position that federal law does not protect transgender workers from discrimination.
- January 26, 2018: DHHS proposed a rule that encourages medical providers to use religious grounds to deny treatment to transgender people, people who need reproductive care, and others.
- February 18, 2018: The Department of Education announced it will summarily dismiss complaints from transgender students involving exclusion from school facilities and other claims based solely on gender identity.
- March 20, 2018: Department of Education reiterated that the administration would refuse to allow transgender students to use bathrooms and locker rooms based on their gender identity.
- May 11, 2018: The Bureau of Prisons in the Department of Justice adopted a policy of housing transgender people in federal prison facilities that match their sex assigned at birth, rolling back existing protections.
- October 21, 2018: DHHS proposed a memo to change the legal definition of sex under Title IX, which would leave transgender people vulnerable to discrimination.
- October 24, 2018: Department of Justice submitted a brief to the Supreme Court arguing that it is legal to discriminate against transgender employers.
- October 25, 2018: U.S. Representatives at the United Nations worked to remove references to transgender people in UN human rights documents.
- November 19, 2018: Department of State appealed a court order directing it to issue a passport with a gender-neutral designation to a non-binary, intersex applicant.
- January 23, 2019: DHHS’ Office of Civil Rights granted an exemption to adoption and foster care agencies in South Carolina, allowing religiously – affiliated services to discriminate against current and aspiring LGBTQIA+ caregivers.
If you think this is bad check out tomorrow’s list. Every day I will post another ten reasons why Trump has to go.
To unseat Trump please vote for Joe Biden on Nov 3rd!