However, we cannot do this without electing strong progressive candidates. We need to take back the Senate and House from regressive Republicans and corporate Democrats. We need to elect progressives regardless of party affiliation.
By doing this, we can stand up to the gun lobby, raise the minimum wage to $15 an hour or higher, pass a paid family and medical leave act, provide clean alternative energy, and pass single payer health care. We can do this when we stand up to those who say no!
Yes, this does mean voting for Hillary Clinton for president. As Senator Bernie Sanders says,
This is the time to elect Hillary Clinton and then work after the election to mobilize millions of peope to make sure she can be the most progressive president she can be.
Thus, we need to elect progressives in all levels of government. The following are some candidates who I think you should support.
Russ Feingold (Democrat – WI)
Russ has been endorsed by Our Revolution.
- Represented Wisconsin in the U.S. Senate from 1993-2011
- Russ opposed the Iraq War
- Only Senator to vote against the Patriot Act
- Co-sponsor of the McCain-Feingold campaign finance law
- Supports Senator Elizabeth Warren’s plan to allow students to refinance their student loans
Tammy Duckworth (Democrat – IL)
- Serves in the U.S. House
- Former helicopter pilot in the U.S Army
- Former Director of the Illinois Dept. of Veterans Affairs
- Former Assistant Secretary of the U.S. Dept. of Veterans Affairs
Go here to help Tammy win! Tammy Duckworth for Senate
Patty Judge (Democrat – IA)
End Citizens United endorsed Patty Judge
- Elected to the Iowa Senate in 1992
- 1998, she became the first woman elected Iowa’s Secretary of Agriculture
- 2006, she was elected Lieutenant Governor
- As Lt. Governor she advocated for the inclusion of sexual orientation and gender identity in Iowa’s civil rights code
Go here to help Patty win! Patty Judge for Iowa
Tulsi Gabbard (Democrat – HI)
Tulsi has been endorsed by the Sierra Club, IBEW, AFSCME, NEA (National Education Association), Planned Parenthood, AFL-CIO, PDA, HRC, LIUNA, and Our Revolution.
- Serves in the U.S. House
- Served on the Honolulu City Council and the Hawaii’s State Legislature
- Severed with the Natural Guard and was deployed to the Middle East twice
- At age 19, she co-founded Healthy Hawaii Coalition (HHC), it’s mission was to protect the environment and improve individual and community health
- Opposed the Trans-Pacific Partnership
- Co-sponsored 14 LGBTQIA equality bills including bills to end bullying and harassment, the Healthy Families Act, and the Equality Act
Pramila Jayapal (Democrat – WA)
Pramila has been endorsed by Sen. Bernie Sanders, Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, Congressman Keith Ellison, Former Governor, Secretary of Commerce, and U.S. Ambassador to China Gary Locke, Democracy for America, MoveOn.org, EMILY’s List, Wendy Davis, Planned Parenthood, NOW, NARAL, NEA, SEIU, UAWU, Our Revolution, and many more.
- Serves as a Washington State Senator
- In 2013, she was recognized as a White House “Champion of Change”
- Supports single-payer healthcare
- Supports making all public universities and college tuition free
By the way, I also support the continuation of the political revolution that was started by Senator Bernie Sanders and thus I stand with Our Revolution!